A NEW WAY TO COMMUNICATE WITH CUSTOMERS
WHAT IS PROXIMITY MARKETING
AND HOW CAN IT HELP YOU REACH MORE CUSTOMERS?
Beacons are small (5cm), battery-powered, always-on, devices that use BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) technology to transmit signals to devices such as smartphones and tablets, within a range of approx. 30-50 metres.
Beacons are one-way transmitters; they detect nearby devices and can send
We call them beacons because they act a bit like lighthouses: They send a signal to a device and invite the device holder to respond if interested.
Multiple beacons can be positioned around venues or locations, such as sports grounds, Sports Bars, pubs and cafes, outside, tube stations – in fact anywhere, indoor or outdoor, where there may be footfall you wish to communicate with.
Mobile device owners can then react to, engage with, or take advantage of promotional messages such as discounts on a specific product or service.
Beacons can also be used to track the movement of devices, and therefore their users, when in range. For instance, marketers can use beacons that connect to mobile devices to determine how long customers linger in a specific area or location within a venue.
HOW IT WORKS
Reach targeted audiences with the right message at the right time.
Customer receives a notification from the beacon. Customer clicks on the notification to accept the message (click-through).
Once a customer has accepted the message he/she can receive an offer or additional messaging.
OR a customer can click on the notification (click-through) and receive a voucher or bonus code that can be redeemed at a smart-till or point of sale.
HOW TO BEST USE OUR BEACONS
You can deliver relevant content to your customers when they are in different locations and therefore different mind-sets:
- Give instructions or notifications in theme parks, sports-grounds, department stores, shopping centres or any large footfall area.
- Inform customers they can top up or redeem offers when they are in convenience stores.
- Drive food & beverage promotions in hotels.
- Send Vouchers/incentives for customers to return to, or stay in, your venue.
- Reward loyal customers with freebies or discounts.
- Offer cocktail & drinks offers in bars.
- Encourage customers to download your apps.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Free Beacon installation for outlets within the UK.
- One time activation charge per outlet.
- We can manage your campaigns for you.
- OR we provide access to our beacon campaign control panel (dashboard) where you can upload your own marketing campaigns (static, animation or video):
– Set campaigns by time or day part (morning, afternoon, evening, etc…).
– Collect data by campaign, analyse effectiveness and plan marketing campaigns based on historical data.
– Set your own spend level per campaign.
- No monthly license fees.
- No cost to upload campaigns (run as many campaigns as you wish).
- No cost to send out notifications.
- Only pay for ‘click-throughs’.
WE HAVE 250,000 VENUES WORLDWIDE – 60,000 IN THE UK ALONE
Our representative meets with a manager to discuss the installation process.
No wiring, no power supply, nor drilling or screwing required.
Our representative explains the ideal locations to site the beacon(s).
- Ideally placed 3 metres from the floor (optimizes range and reduce risk of tampering).
- E.g. above the bar and/or in high footfall areas.
- Not encased or surrounded by metal/water pipes.
- Our representative switches the beacon on.
- The adhesive backing sheet is removed from the back of the beacon so it can be secured in the designated location.
- Our representative then sets the beacon via the Beacon activation app. Each beacon has its own unique id and is registered to the location it has been installed in.
The beacon is now ready to send out its signal.
The Campaign Manager provides the interface between you and your customer.
It sends content, timings, outlet coverage and ensures the beacons are all functioning as they should.
- A Password encrypted login gives you access to your own personal dashboard.
- Manage your campaigns by beacon and by location.
- You can manage campaigns in real time. Adjust a campaign to take advantage of changing weather, news feeds or trending social media topics…as they happen.
- If you prefer we can manage campaigns on your behalf.
Add new campaigns with ease. Select specific outlets, time of day and duration.
Set your spend budget and prompts to let you know when you reach 25%, 50%, 75% or 100%. Never go over budget.
End or extend campaigns at your discretion.
Upload your marketing campaign with easy to use templates. Simply click and add.
Add in age verification with different templates to suit your campaign.
Monitor each campaign. How many notifications, click-throughs, success rate percentage. Measure redemptions in revenue and profit.
Full campaign history. Redemption/success levels, exposure rates, most popular offers and dates.
Track notifications and click-throughs in real time. What’s working and what’s not, by day part, overall or by outlet.